It was released on December 3, 1985, and was a Vira Award winning video, marking the first entry of the original Kidsongs "A Day at..." series.
Join the boys and the girls for a sing-along day on the farm and meet all of their MacDonald's barnyard friends. Milk the cows, feed the pigs, cuddle the ducklings and meet Mary's famous lamb as you sing the songs we all know and love. Bounce along on an old-fashioned hayride and sing around the campfire in this heartwarming music video adventure.
- Scarecrow: Andre Tayir
- Mr. MacDonald: Dave Edwards
- Mrs. MacDonald: Mimi Horn
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Sr.: Christopher Cunningham
- Marcus' Mom: Kathryn Levitsky
- Steven Brooks
- Jeremy Brown
- Sander Byfuglin
- H.B. Charles
- Gabriel Diaz
- Bradley Dean Fox as John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Jr.
- Gregory Harrison as Sean
- David Klingenberger
- Leo Magnus
- Marccus Mendoza as Marcus
- Paul Smith as Mike
- Adanelly Camacho
- Donetta Charles
- Mandie Fox
- Rachael Holly as Mary
- April Hong as April
- Courtney Kettenburg
- Angela Levine
- Bonnie Morgan
- Molly Morgan as Molly
- Alana Mulhern as Alana
- Dakeisha Payne
- Meredith Bishop
- Sung Nan Chang
- Janelle Keith
- Kim Kuhn
- Elissa Mather
- Hillary Mather
- Eddie Ramos
- Ryan Schultz
- David Winchell
- Jennifer Winchell
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- Shortenin' Bread
- Here We Go' Round the Mulberry Bush
- Mary Had a Little Lamb with Rachael as Mary.
- This Old Man
- Skip to My Lou (also heard instrumentally during the end credits of this video and Ride the Roller Coaster)
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game (includes footage from the 1984 World Series a year before)
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
- She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star with Donetta singing the song.
- This marks the debut of the original Kidsongs.
- This is the first Kidsongs cassette in early Kidsongs music.
- It was the first Kidsongs video to be released in an all-white box.
- This is the first 80's Kidsongs video.
- This is the first episode to feature the 1985-1989 Kidsongs logo in the orange and white background.
- This is the first View-Master Video and Warner Bros. Records video.
- Several members of the crew appear in the video as cameo characters.
- This was the first LP entry for Kidsongs and early Kidsongs music.
- The 1990 Kidsongs music video, Kidsongs: Ride the Roller Coaster, also uses the instrumental version of "Skip to My Lou" during the end credits.
- Although she did not appear in this video, Asa Karsten Bernstine was seen on the DVD cover of this video.
- This is the first video episode with/to feature names in credits in the Brussels Regular font.
- This is the first video to contain only children and adults.
- This video got recorded in some farms and The Felton School at Mentryville Park in Stevenson Ranch, California and Paddison Farm in Norwalk, California.
|A Day At... Series|
|A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm • A Day with the Animals • A Day at the Circus • A Day at Camp • A Day of Fun (VHS only)|