It was released on December 3, 1985, and was a Vira Award winning video, marking the first entry of the original Kidsongs "A Day at..." series.
Join the boys and the girls for a sing-along day on the farm and meet all of their MacDonald's barnyard friends. Milk the cows, feed the pigs, cuddle the ducklings and meet Mary's famous lamb as you sing the songs we all know and love. Bounce along on an old-fashioned hayride and sing around the campfire in this heartwarming music video adventure.
- Scarecrow: Andre Tayir
- Mr. MacDonald: Dave Edwards
- Mrs. MacDonald: Mimi Horn
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Sr.: Christopher Cunningham
- Marcus' Mom: Kathryn Levitsky
The Kidsongs Kids
- Steven Brooks
- Jeremy Brown
- Sander Byfuglin
- Adanelly Camacho
- Donetta Charles
- H.B. Charles
- Gabriel Diaz
- Bradley Fox
- Mandie Fox
- Gregory Harrison
- Rachael Holly
- April Hong
- Courtney Kettenburg
- David Klingenberger
- Angela Levine
- Leo Magnus
- Marcus Mendoza
- Bonnie Morgan
- Molly Morgan
- Alanna Mulhern
- Dakeisha Payne
- Paul Smith
- Meredith Bishop
- Sung Nan Chang
- Janelle Keith
- Kim Kuhn
- Elissa Mather
- Hillary Mather
- Eddie Ramos
- Ryan Schultz
- David Winchell
- Jennifer Winchell
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- Shortenin' Bread
- Here We Go' Round the Mulberry Bush
- Mary Had a Little Lamb
- This Old Man
- Skip to My Lou (also heard instrumentally during the intro and the end credits of this video and Ride the Roller Coaster)
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game (includes footage from the 1984 World Series a year before)
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
- She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- This marks the debut of the original Kidsongs.
- This is the first Kidsongs cassette in early Kidsongs music.
- It was the first Kidsongs video to be released in an all-white box.
- This is the first 80's Kidsongs video.
- This is the first episode to feature the 1985-1989 Kidsongs logo in the orange and white background.
- This is the first View-Master Video and Warner Bros. Records video.
- Several members of the crew appear in the video as cameo characters.
- This was the first LP entry for Kidsongs and early Kidsongs music.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- The 1990 Kidsongs music video, Kidsongs: Ride the Roller Coaster, also uses the instrumental version of "Skip to My Lou" during the end credits.
- This is the first video episode with/to feature names in credits in the Brussels Regular font.
- This is the first video to contain only children and adults.
- Courtney and Bonnie were the only two 80s born kids that appeared in this video. The rest of the kids were born in the 70s.
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game features footage of Detroit Tigers player Kirk Gibson hitting a home run in the 1984 World Series a year before.
- Alanna, April, David, David, Dakeisha, Donetta, Eddie, Elissa, Gabriel, Gregory, H.B., Jennifer, Leo, Mandie, Marcus, Molly, Ryan, and Sander each had name tags on their shirts. The name tag on Alanna's shirt read "Alana" while the name tag on Gregory's shirt read "Sean." The remaining kids and jumpropers didn't have name tags on their shirts.
- This video got recorded in some farms and The Felton School at Mentryville Park in Stevenson Ranch, California and Paddison Farm in Norwalk, California.
|A Day At... Series|
|A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm • A Day with the Animals • A Day at the Circus • A Day at Camp • A Day of Fun (VHS only)|