Kidsongs: A Day at the Circus is the ninth entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in May 1987. It was certified 2x Platinum in the United States.
Playful elephants, powerful tigers, graceful acrobats, dancing Dalmatians and charming clowns make this musical day under the big top one that you'll enjoy over and over again.
The Kidsongs Kids
- Bettina Briggs
- David Chan
- Kelly Chan
- Ingrid Dupree
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Chris Finch
- Julie Ann Gourson
- Derek Gregory
- Sh'Vaughn Heath
- Nicole Mandich
- Brandon Marsh
- Tarrish Potter
- Tuhk Potter
- Divita Wright
The Circus Performers
- Colleen: Clown
- Bruce and Scott: Jugglers
- The Strong Family and their Dogs
- Dinny McGuire: Ringmaster
- Alan Gold: "Lion Tamer"
- Ted Polk: Elephant Trainer
- The Circus is Coming to Town (Original lyrics to melody of The Caissons Go Rolling Along) (also used during the end credits)
- Polly Wolly Doodle
- Strolling Through the Park
- Sabre Dance (Instrumental)
- Put on a Happy Face
- The Ringmaster Song (Michael Lloyd)
- The Man on the Flying Trapeze
- The Lion Tamer (Michael Lloyd)
- If You're Happy and You Know It
- Entry of the Gladiators (Instrumental)
- This is the only episode not to have the title card.
- In the video series, this 1987 departed video episode cast (except David Chan, Ingrid Dupree, Sh'Vaughn Heath, and Tarrish Potter) was replaced by the next video episode cast in the next video.
- It was Tina Marie Espinoza's last appearance in a Kidsongs music video. She then became the producer in the last seven episodes of season 1 of The Kidsongs Television Show.
- The blue shirt that David wore had his name on it.
- Tuhk, Sh'Vaughn, Julie, Derek, and David were dressed up as clowns in the song "Put on a Happy Face" and performed in "If You're Happy and You Know It".
- Beginning with "The Ringmaster Song," the remaining kids (except Chris Finch, Tarrish Potter, and Kelly Chan) were audience members. Chris, however, did sat in the audience with Bruce and Scott the Jugglers during the song, "If You're Happy and You Know It".
- Chris performed with Dinny McGuire, who played the ringmaster, in "The Ringmaster Song".
- Andrea Paige Wilson, and Kimberly Duncan made cameo appearances in this 1987 video episode. Andrea and Kimberly later appeared in season 5 (1988-89) and season 6 (1989-90) of Kids Incorporated (the television programme that competed with Kidsongs) in 1988-90.
- It was the last Kidsongs video to be released in an all-white box.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- Kristy Lynn Espinoza and Triskin Potter cameo appeared in this video.
- This is the first video to have the names in the credits not in Brussels Regular print.
- This is the only video episode with/to feature names in credits in the circus font.
- In the season 2 episode of The Kidsongs Television Show, "Circus Day," the song, "Strolling Through the Park", was edited to include the scene where Divita Wright sat on the tusks of an elephant. That scene was originally shown in the song, "The Circus is Coming to Town."
- Due to timing, the opening credits are shown at the beginning of the song, The Circus is Coming to Town. A more clearer version of this song was first used in season 1 of The Kidsongs Television Show.
- This video was filmed at Circus Vargas in Burbank, California.
|A Day At... Series|
|A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm • A Day with the Animals • A Day at the Circus • A Day at Camp • A Day of Fun (VHS only)|