Kidsongs: A Day at the Circus is the ninth entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in May 1987. It was certified 2x Platinum in the United States.
Playful elephants, powerful tigers, graceful acrobats, dancing Dalmatians and charming clowns make this musical day under the big top one that you'll enjoy over and over again.
The Kidsongs Kids
- Bettina Briggs
- David Chan
- Kelly Chan
- Ingrid Dupree
- Chris Finch
- Julie Ann Gourson
- Derek Gregory
- Sh'Vaughn Heath
- Nicole Mandich
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Brandon Marsh
- Tarrish Potter
- Tuhk Potter
- Divita Wright
The Circus Performers
- Colleen the Clown
- Bruce and Scott the Jugglers
- The Strong Family and their Dogs
- Dinny McGuire
- Alan Gold the Lion Tamer
- Ted Polk the Elephant Trainer
- "The Circus is Coming to Town" (also used during the end credits)
- "Polly Wolly Doodle"
- "Strolling Through the Park"
- "The Sabre Dance" (Instrumental) (Aram Khachaturian)
- "Put On A Happy Face"
- "The Ringmaster Song" (Michael Lloyd)
- "The Man on the Flying Trapeze"
- "The Lion Tamer" (Michael Lloyd)
- "If You're Happy and You Know It"
- "Entry of the Gladiators" (Instrumental) (Julius Fučík)
- Final video to credit Molly Miles as co-producer in the opening credits.
- In the video series, this 1987 departed video episode cast (except David Chan, Ingrid Dupree, Sh'Vaughn Heath, and Tarrish Potter) was replaced by the next video episode cast in the next video.
- It was Tina Marie Espinoza's last appearance in a Kidsongs music video. She then became the producer in the last seven episodes of season 1 of The Kidsongs Television Show.
- The blue shirt that David wore had his name on it.
- Tuhk, Sh'Vaughn, Julie, Derek, and David were dressed up as clowns in the song "Put On A Happy Face" and performed in "If You're Happy and You Know It".
- Beginning with "The Ringmaster Song," the remaining kids (except Chris Finch, Tarrish Potter, and Kelly Chan) were audience members. Chris, however, did sat in the audience with Bruce and Scott the Jugglers during the song, "If You're Happy and You Know It".
- Chris performed with Dinny McGuire, who played the ringmaster, in "The Ringmaster Song".
- Kristy Lynn Espinoza made a cameo appearance in the song "The Man on the Flying Trapeze".
- It was the last Kidsongs video to be released in an all-white box.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- This is the first video to have the names in the credits not in Brussels Regular print.
- This is the only video episode with/to feature names in credits in the circus font.
- In the season 2 episode of The Kidsongs Television Show, "Circus Day," the song, "Strolling Through the Park", was edited to include the scene where Divita Wright sat on the tusks of an elephant. That scene was originally shown in the song, "The Circus is Coming to Town."
- Due to timing, the opening credits are shown at the beginning of the song, "The Circus is Coming to Town". A more clearer version of this song was first used in season 1 of The Kidsongs Television Show.
- This video was filmed at Circus Vargas in Burbank, California.
- In this video, the cheer sounds from Kidsongs: A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm were heard.
|A Day At... Series|
|A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm • A Day with the Animals • A Day at the Circus • A Day at Camp • A Day of Fun (VHS only)|