Kidsongs: A Day at the Circus is the ninth entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in May 1987. It was certified 2x Platinum in the United States.
Playful elephants, powerful tigers, graceful acrobats, dancing Dalmatians and charming clowns make this musical day under the big top one that you'll enjoy over and over again.
- Bettina Briggs
- David Chan
- Kelly Chan
- Ingrid Dupree
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Chris Finch
- Julie Ann Gourson
- Derek Gregory
- Sh'Vaughn Heath
- Nicole Mandich
- Brandon Marsh
- Tarrish Potter
- Tuhk Potter
- Divita Wright
The Circus Performers
- Colleen the Clown
- Bruce and Scott the Jugglers
- The Strong Family and their Dogs
- Dinny McGuire the Ringmaster
- Alan Gold the Lion Tamer
- Ted Polk the Elephant Trainer
- The Circus is Coming to Town (Original lyrics to melody of The Army Goes Rolling Along) (also used during the end credits)
- Polly Wolly Doodle
- Strolling Through the Park
- Sabre Dance (Instrumental)
- Put on a Happy Face
- The Ringmaster Song (Michael Lloyd)
- The Man on the Flying Trapeze
- The Lion Tamer (Michael Lloyd)
- If You're Happy and You Know It
- Entry of the Gladiators (Instrumental)
- This is the only episode not to have the title card.
- In the video series, this 1987 departed video episode cast (except David Chan, Ingrid Dupree, Sh'Vaughn Heath, and Tarrish Potter) was replaced by the next video episode cast in the next video.
- It was Tina Marie Espinoza's final appearance in a Kidsongs music video. She then became the producer in the last seven episodes of season 1 of The Kidsongs TV Show.
- The blue shirt that David wore had his name on it.
- Tuhk, Sh'Vaughn, Julie, Derek, and David were dressed up as clowns in the song "Put on a Happy Face" and performed in "If You're Happy and You Know It".
- Beginning with "The Ringmaster Song," the remaining kids (except Chris Finch) were audience members. Chris, however, did sat in the audience with Bruce and Scott the Jugglers during the song, "If You're Happy and You Know It".
- Chris performed with Dinny McGuire, who played the ringmaster, in "The Ringmaster Song".
- Tara Charendoff, Andrea Paige Wilson, and Kimberly Duncan made cameo appearances in this 1987 video episode. Andrea and Kimberly later appeared in season 5 (1988-89) and season 6 (1989-90) of Kids Incorporated (the television programme that competed with Kidsongs) in 1988-90.
- It was the last Kidsongs video to be released in an all-white box.
- Kristy Espinoza and Triskin Potter made cameo appearances in this video (this marked Triskin's first appearance before becoming one of the hosts of season 1 of The Kidsongs TV Show).
- This is the first video to have the names in the credits not in Brussels Regular print.
- This is the only video episode with/to feature names in credits in the circus font.
- In the season 2 episode of The Kidsongs TV Show, Circus Day, the song, Strolling Through the Park, was edited to include the scene where Divita Wright sat on the tusks of an elephant.
- Due to timing, the opening credits are shown at the beginning of the song, The Circus is Coming to Town. A more clearer version of this song was first used in season 1 of The Kidsongs TV Show.
- This video got recorded at Circus Vargas in Burbank, California.
|A Day At... Series|
|A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm • A Day with the Animals • A Day at the Circus • A Day at Camp • A Day of Fun (VHS only)|