Kidsongs: Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes is the fourth entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in June 1986. It was based on the Nursery Rhymes cassette of Small World from the Sing & Multiplex from Ivory Records along with Kidsongs: A Day with the Animals and Kidsongs: A Day at Camp.
- Uncle George: Clifford Scott
- The romantic couples, Husband and Wife: Randy Crowder and Nancy McLoughlin
- The Mom: Kim Holman
- Mike the Dog as Himself
The Kidsongs Kids
- Fabby Brown
- David Chan
- Tameka Claybrook
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Chris Finch
- Ashande Gravenberg
- April Hong
- Nicole Mandich
- Alanna Mulhern
- Car Car Song (Riding in My Car) (Woody Guthrie)
- Daylight Train
- Up and Down, Round and Round (Michael Lloyd)
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- I Got Wheels (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- Up, Up and Away (The Fifth Dimension)
- Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone? (S. Winner)
- I Like Trucks (Michael Lloyd)
- U.S. Air Force (Wild Blue Yonder)
- The Bus Song
- This is the first Kidsongs music video to feature David Chan and Ashande Gravenberg as the leading Kidsongs kids.
- This is April Hong's last appearance as a Kidsongs kid.
- Production for this video took place in January-February 1986.
- The video was taped shortly from dawn to afternoon but after it was taped, it took a lot of editors such as Michael Sachs, Richard Kaufman, Bruce Gowers and Jerry Watson to edit the video.
- Ronnie Sperling (the same person who played Dusty in Good Night, Sleep Tight) is the conductor, Ryan Dorin and Kiki Scott cameo appeared in "Daylight Train".
- Katie Polk and her mother Carol cameo in "Up and Down, Round and Round"; it was Katie's first appearance. Donetta Charles and Coleman Saucier also cameo appeared in this song. Music producer Michael Lloyd also cameos in "I Got Wheels" where he rides on a unicycle.
- Choreographer Andre Tayir is the hot air balloon blower as seen in "Up, Up and Away" and "Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?".
- According to Chris Finch via Instagram, "Wild Blue Yonder" was shot the same day as the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
- H.B. Charles and Donetta Charles cameo appeared in "The Bus Song".
- The bus driver wears an Adidas logo on his shirt.
- The bus features billboards for local radio stations KSRF-FM "K-Surf" 103.1 (now KDLD) and KMET-FM 94.7 (now KTWV).
- The segments with Mike the Dog was taped after Down and Out in Beverly Hills was released.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- Both versions of the theme song for The Kidsongs Television Show are sung to the tune of "I Got Wheels."
- This video got recorded at Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California and MacArthur Park and Echo Park in Los Angeles, California.
|Music Video Stories|
|I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing • Good Night, Sleep Tight • Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes • Sing Out, America! • What I Want to Be! • The Wonderful World of Sports • Ride the Roller Coaster • Very Silly Songs • We Wish You a Merry Christmas • Play Along Songs • If We Could Talk to the Animals • Billy Biggle's Favorite Songs|