Kidsongs: Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes is the fourth entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in June 1986. It was based on the Nursery Rhymes cassette of Small World from the Sing & Multiplex from Ivory Records along with Kidsongs: A Day with the Animals and Kidsongs: A Day at Camp.
- Uncle George: Clifford Scott
- The romantic couples, Husband and Wife: Randy Crowder and Nancy McLoughlin
- The Mom: Kim Holman
- Mike the Dog as Himself
- Fabby Brown
- David Chan
- Tameka Claybrook
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Chris Finch
- Ashande Gravenberg
- April Hong
- Nicole Mandich
- Alanna Mulhern
- Car Car Song (Riding in My Car) (Woody Guthrie)
- Get on Board, Little Children (Daylight Train)
- Up and Down, Round and Round (Michael Lloyd)
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- I Got Wheels (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- Up, Up and Away (Jimmy Webb)
- Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone? (S. Winner)
- I Like Trucks (Michael Lloyd)
- U.S. Air Force (Wild Blue Yonder)
- The Wheels on the Bus (The Bus Song)
- This is the first Kidsongs music video to feature David Chan as a leading Kidsongs kid.
- Production for this video took place in January-February 1986.
- The video was taped shortly from dawn to afternoon but after it was taped, it took a lot of editors such as Michael Sachs, Richard Kaufman, Bruce Gowers and Jerry Watson to edit the video.
- Ronnie Sperling (the same person who played Dusty in Good Night, Sleep Tight) is the conductor, Ryan Dorin and Kiki Scott cameo appeared in "Get on Board, Little Children (Daylight Train)".
- Katie Polk and her mother Carol cameo in "Up and Down, Round and Round"; it was Katie's first appearance. Donetta Charles, Julie Ann Gourson, Coleman Saucier, and Ryan Kirk also cameo appeared in this song. Music producer Michael Lloyd also cameos in "I Got Wheels" where he rides on a unicycle.
- Choreographer Andre Tayir is the hot air balloon blower as seen in "Up, Up and Away" and "Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?".
- According to Chris Finch via Instagram, "Wild Blue Yonder" was shot the same day as the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
- Kiki Scott, Ryan Dorin, Donetta Charles, H.B. Charles, and Shanika Washington cameo appeared in "The Bus Song".
- The bus driver wears an Adidas logo on his shirt.
- The bus features billboards for local radio stations KSRF-FM "K-Surf" 103.1 (now KDLD) and KMET-FM 94.7 (now KTWV).
- The segments with Mike the Dog was taped after Down and Out in Beverly Hills was released.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- Both versions of the theme song for The Kidsongs TV Show are sung to the tune of "I Got Wheels."
- This video got recorded at Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California and MacArthur Park and Echo Park in Los Angeles, California.
|Music Video Stories|
|I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing • Good Night, Sleep Tight • Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes • Sing Out, America! • What I Want to Be! • The Wonderful World of Sports • Ride the Roller Coaster • Very Silly Songs • We Wish You a Merry Christmas • Play Along Songs • If We Could Talk to the Animals • Billy Biggle's Favorite Songs|