Kidsongs: I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing is the second entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in February 1986. It was based on the Fun Songs cassette of Small World from the Sing & Multiplex from Ivory Records along with Kidsongs: Ride the Roller Coaster and Kidsongs: Let's Play Ball.
- Nick - Played by Fabby Brown
- Olinda - Played by Tameka Claybrook
- Bruce - Played by Chris Finch
- Mike - Played by Shawn Harrison
- Victoria - Played by Nicole Mandich
- Carmen - Played by Carla Martyn
- Sean - Played by Robby Rosellen
- Miko - Played by Wendy Yumi
- Yoko - Played by Mimi Gilbert
- Michelle - Played by Karli Supera
Fujima Kansuma Dancers
- I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (United States) (also used in the final scene and during the end credits)
- Funiculì, Funiculà (Italy)
- Did You Ever See a Lassie? (Scotland)
- London Bridge (England)
- Frère Jacques/Are You Sleeping (France)
- Kumbaya (Africa)
- Waltzing Matilda (Australia)
- Sakura, Sakura (Japan)
- Los Pollitos (Mexico)
- Day-O (Banana Boat Song) (Jamaica)
- Production for this video took place in August 1985.
- This is the first video to receive a stereo audio track, including for the songs.
- The instrumental track of "Shortenin' Bread" from the previous video is played during the opening credits.
- In the end credits, the kids sing the reprise version of "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" the second time while they're in various places including Scotland, England, Japan, Africa, Australia, Jamaica and France.
- Clifford Scott (the same person who played Uncle George in Kidsongs: Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes) is the English constable in "London Bridge". Delane Vaughn (the same person who played the father of Linda and her brother in Kidsongs: Good Night, Sleep Tight) is the Jamaican banana counter in "Day-O (Banana Boat Song)".
- According to Chris Finch via Instagram, he was named Bruce after director Bruce Gowers, a name that he did not like.
- Heather Green, David Chan and Bonnie Morgan cameo appeared in "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" as classmates.
- Ryan Dorin and Molly Morgan (one of Gary's daughters) cameo appeared in "London Bridge".
- Paul Burrell and Steven Nelson (who were later cast as leading kids for the next video) cameo appeared in this video.
- Todd Alyn Durboraw and Tiffany Bailey cameo appeared in "Waltzing Matilda".
- Tina Marie Espinoza cameo appeared in "Los Pollitos".
- Sh'Vaughn Heath, Kiki Scott, Shanika Washington, and Ashande Gravenberg cameo appeared in "Day-O (Banana Boat Song)".
- This video got recorded at Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden in Arcadia, California.
|Music Video Stories|
|I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing • Good Night, Sleep Tight • Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes • Sing Out, America! • What I Want to Be! • The Wonderful World of Sports • Ride the Roller Coaster • Very Silly Songs • We Wish You a Merry Christmas • Play Along Songs • If We Could Talk to the Animals • Billy Biggle's Favorite Songs|