Kidsongs: Ride the Roller Coaster is the eleventh entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in March 1990, marking the first 90's entry.
It was recorded at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Summer 1989 and features many rides from the park in that period, including Revolution, Ninja, Colossus, Z-Force, and possibly Shockwave.
The Kidsongs Kids
- Raquel Alessi
- Tyler Andreassen
- Suzanne Aoki
- Nicki Bell
- Dannon Bryant
- David Chan
- Katinka Chun
- Kristy Espinoza
- Kenny Ford
- Annie Gibbons
- Christine Gibbons
- Sean Gowers
- Sh'Vaughn Heath
- Hillary Hollingsworth
- Myisha Jackson
- Jennifer Kanyer
- Jensen Karp
- Ninette Kohley
- Malcolm Loungway
- Gordon Mandich
- Nicole Mandich
- Nicholas Matus
- Andres McKenzie
- Ryan Olson
- Katie Polk
- Tarrish Potter
- Trek Potter
- Triskin Potter
- Tuhk Potter
- Catherine Przybylska
- Brian Rosenstein
- Andrea Schuette
- Shauna Steenhoek
- Richard Stuart
- Josh Wiener
- Terrence Williams
Cameo Adult Cast
- Let's Twist Again
- Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
- Little Deuce Coupe
- Fast Food (Michael Lloyd)
- Here We Go Loopty Loo (Traditional)
- Anything You Can Do
- Splish Splash
- A Pirate's Life
- We're Gonna Get Wet (Michael Lloyd)
- 1812 Overture (instrumental)
- Tyler Andressen, Kristy, Kenny, Annie/Christine, Sean, Jennifer Kanyer, Ninette, Malcolm, Gordon/Nicole (Mandich siblings), Andres, Triskin/Trek/Tuhk, Brian, Shauna and Richard replaced Travis, Ingrid, Chloe, Oliver (Olivier), Ernestina and Vladimir. However, Raquel, Suzanne, Nicki, Dannon, David, Katinka, Sh'Vaughn, Hillary, Myisha, Jensen, Nicholas, Ryan, Catherine, Tarrish, Andrea, Josh, and Terrence remained.
- This video takes place at Six Flags in Valencia, California and was recorded in Summer 1989.
- This one of the last Kidsongs videos to feature any of the 1980's-1990 era Kidsongs kids, except for Tyler Andreassen, Sean Gowers, Hillary Hollingsworth, Katie Polk, Brian Rosenstein, Andrea Schuette, and Terrence Williams (credited as T. Williams in the next video), who all appeared in Kidsongs: Very Silly Songs.
- At the beginning of the video, Triskin wants to go on the roller coaster, Trek wants to go on the water rides, David wants to go on the bumper cars and play demolition derby, Myisha wants to go on the pirate ship, and Andrea and Josh want to go on everything. Sh'Vaughn is the first person to enter and Katinka is the last person to enter.
- In "Let's Twist Again", Ryan says he wants to go on the Ninja, and Josh wants to go on the Z-Force (which was relocated and renamed Flashback in 1992, closed in 2003, and removed in 2007 along with Psyclone), but Hillary thinks they're scary.
- In "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On", Trek and Terrence, Hillary and Catherine, Sh'Vaughn and Josh, Tuhk and Triskin, and Katinka and Tarrish all ride together.
- In the song "Anything You Can Do," we see a competition between the boys and the girls. First, Trek takes on against Nicole. Second, Dannon is against Hillary. Finally, Josh competes against Sh'Vaughn. Gordon and Kristy are also featured in this song.
- In "Little Deuce Coupe", David challenges Ryan on the bumper cars. Suzanne, Christine, Annie, Shauna, Jennifer, Ninette, Andres, Kenny, Brian, Richard, Tyler, Andrea, Malcolm, Sean, and Jensen are also featured in the song.
- In "Here We Go Loopty Loo", Sh'Vaughn and Katie, Suzanne and Andrea, and Nicholas and Hillary all ride together, but Dannon, Trek, Terrence, Josh, and Christine ride in singles. However, Trek and Christine and Terrence and Josh ride together in some scenes.
- In "A Pirate's Life", Myisha, Kenny, Ryan, and Catherine leads the kids Tuhk, Tyler, Sean/Raquel and Kristy in search for treasure on the pirate ship.
- Andre and Mary replaced the previous adult cast. Andre is seen in the song "Splish Splash" as the worker at the dolphin and diving show wearing a blue diving suit, and Mary is seen as the tour guide in "Let's Twist Again" wearing a beautiful red shirt.
- One of the roller coasters that was used in this video, Colossus, was converted by Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) into Twisted Colossus in 2015. The lead singer of Walk the Moon has rode this coaster and led the passengers in song while going up the lift hill on Twisted Colossus.
- Revolution was refurbished into New Revolution in 2015 with the VR experience two years later in which it was removed a year later.
- Shockwave was replaced by Psyclone in 1991 and Apocalypse: the Ride in 2009 under the name Terminator Salvation: The Ride until 2011.
- Viper, Six Flags Magic Mountain's 1990 addition, was opened on April 7, around three months before this video was released. However, it wasn't built when this video was filming.
- In addition, Hillary says Ninja is scary. Just wait until she rides X2 if the kids ever get together as adults to shoot a remake of this video.
- This is the first 90's Kidsongs video.
- This is the only video with the large number of kids than 16-28 kids.
- This was the first cassette in the early 90's Kidsongs lineup.
- Songs from this video can be seen in the Kidsongs TV Show.
- David Chan and Kenny Ford, Jr. and Triskin Potter are Kidsongs teens/teenagers.
- Josh Wiener and Trek Potter wear the same scarfs from the previous video but they wore different t-shirts and shorts. However Ryan Olson wears a scarf in "Let's Twist Again."
- In "Anything You Can Do," Hillary, Trek, and Nicole's conversation at the beginning could be considered the inadvertent precursor to the infamous "I found you, faker!" scene in Sonic Adventure 2.
|Music Video Stories|
|I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing • Good Night, Sleep Tight • Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes • Sing Out, America! • What I Want to Be! • The Wonderful World of Sports • Ride the Roller Coaster • Very Silly Songs • We Wish You a Merry Christmas • Play Along Songs • If We Could Talk to the Animals • Billy Biggle's Favorite Songs|