Kidsongs: Ride the Roller Coaster is the eleventh entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in March 1990, marking the first 90's entry. It features many rides from the park in that period, including Revolution, Ninja, Colossus, Z-Force, Gold Rusher, and Wile E. Coyote Coaster.
The Kidsongs Kids
- Raquel Alessi
- Suzanne Aoki
- Tyler Andreassen
- Nicki Bell
- Dannon Bryant
- David Chan
- Katinka Chun
- Kristy Lynn Espinoza
- Kenny Ford, Jr.
- Ann & Christina Gibbons
- Sean Gowers
- Sh'Vaughn Heath
- Hillary Hollingsworth
- Myisha Jackson
- Jennifer Kanyer
- Jensen Karp
- Ninette Kohley
- Malcolm Loungway
- Gordon Mandich
- Nicole Mandich
- Nicholas Matus
- Andres McKenzie
- Ryan Olson
- Catherine Przybylska
- Katie Polk
- Tarrish Potter
- Trek Potter
- Triskin Potter
- Tuhk Potter
- Andrea Schuette
- Brian Rosenstein
- Shauna Steenhoek
- Richard Stuart
- Josh Weiner
- Terrence Williams
- Let's Twist Again (Chubby Checker)
- Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (Jerry Lee Lewis)
- Little Deuce Coupe (The Beach Boys)
- Fast Food (Michael Lloyd)
- Here We Go Loopty Loo (Traditional)
- Anything You Can Do
- Splish Splash (Bobby Darin)
- A Pirate's Life
- We're Gonna Get Wet (Michael Lloyd)
- 1812 Overture (Instrumental)
- This video takes place at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California and was recorded in summer 1989.
- One of the roller coasters that was used in this video, Colossus, was converted by Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) into Twisted Colossus in 2015.
- Revolution was refurbished into The New Revolution in 2016 with a VR experience. Two years later, the VR option was removed.
- Wile E. Coyote Coaster is now known as Magic Flyer.
- The restaurant where the kids ate at, Candy Kitchen, is now known as Cartoon Candy Kitchen.
- Viper, Six Flags Magic Mountain's 1990 addition, was opened on April 7, around a month after this video was released. However, it wasn't built when this video was filming.
- Z-Force was demolished to make way for Batman: The Ride, which opened opened on March 26, 1994, around four years after this video was released. Batman was featured in Here Comes a Roller Coaster and Other Fun-filled Rides... which was also filmed at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- Ninja is still accepting passengers to this day, although it's not as fast (or scary) as some of the newer coasters at the park.
- Josh would later return to Six Flags Magic Mountain as the voice of The Flash and Green Lantern in the park's 2017 addition, Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.
- It is unknown what happened to some of the smaller rides shown in this video, like the apple ride. However, Tweety's Escape can be seen for a brief moment in "Let's Twist Again," and that ride is still running to this day.
- This is the first 90's Kidsongs video.
- This is the first episode to feature the 1990-1995 Kidsongs logo in the blue and white background.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- Ann & Christina Gibbons, who previously appeared as sailor dancers in Kidsongs: What I Want to Be!, are credited in this video as Annie Gibbons and Christine Gibbons (their only appearances as leading Kidsongs kids).
- This is the only video to feature all the Potter kids (Tarrish, Trek, Triskin, and Tuhk) as Kidsongs kids. This is also the only music video to feature Triskin Potter as a leading Kidsongs kid. She previously cameo appeared in Kidsongs: A Day at the Circus and was one of the hosts of season 1 of The Kidsongs Television Show.
- This is the only video where Kristy Lynn Espinoza appears by herself; the other videos that she appeared in also featured her older sister, Tina Marie.
- This is the only video where Nicholas Matus appears by himself; the previous video that he appeared in also featured his sister, Chloe.
- This is the only video where Tyler Andreassen appears by himself; he would appear in Kidsongs: Very Silly Songs and in Kidsongs: Play Along Songs in which both of them would feature his younger sister, Rebecca.
- Choreographer Andre Tayir plays the worker of the dolphin and diving show in the song, "Splish Splash" while Mary McLoughlin (credited as special thanks to), Nancy McLoughlin's sister-in-law, plays the tour guide in the song, "Let's Twist Again."
- Like with Kidsongs: A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm, the end credits of this video uses the instrumental version of the song, "Skip to My Lou."
- In "A Pirate's Life", Tyler Andreassen, David Chan, Katinka Chun, Kristy Lynn Espinoza, Kenny Ford, Jr., Sean Gowers, Myisha Jackson, Andres McKenzie, Ryan Olson, Catherine Przybylska, Tarrish Potter, and Richard Stuart appear.
- This is the third Kidsongs video to have a "The End" card after Kidsongs: A Day with the Animals and Kidsongs: A Day at Camp. However, this card is shown before the credits in this video.
|Music Video Stories|
|I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing • Good Night, Sleep Tight • Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes • Sing Out, America! • What I Want to Be! • The Wonderful World of Sports • Ride the Roller Coaster • Very Silly Songs • We Wish You a Merry Christmas • Play Along Songs • If We Could Talk to the Animals • Billy Biggle's Favorite Songs|