Kidsongs: What I Want to Be! is the seventh entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in December 2, 1986.
Play along with the Kidsongs Kids as they imagine all of the wonderful careers they can have when they grow up. Climb aboard a fire truck and slide down the pole with real-life firefighters, take a cruise on a Coast Guard cutter, ride a bucking bronco and sample goodies at a candy factory as the kids explore all of the fun things they want to be.
The Kidsongs Kids
- Steven Brooks
- Ryan Bollman
- David Chan
- Ryan Dorin
- Kristy Espinoza
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Chris Finch
- Ashande Gravenberg
- Heather Green
- Alanna Mulhern
- Kiki Scott
- Sailor: Mathew Devore
- Trucker/Cowboy: Jeff Austin
- Teacher: Margie Duncan
- Candyman: Hal Schafer
- Doctors: Alexander Folk and Betty Muramoto
- Police Chief: Ken Weiner
- Director: Andrew Z. Linsky
- Reporter: Alys Swan
- Kimberly and Kelly's Mom: Alwina Pinn
A Special Appearance
- What Do You Want to Be? (Michael Lloyd) (used in leading kid segments, also besides the full version) (also used during the end credits)
- Sea Cruise with Ryan Bollman and Heather Green as leading kids. This song featuring dancers Ingrid Dupree, Kristy Chan, Poochie Puett, and Ann and Christina Gibbons.
- Drivin' My Life Away with Ryan Dorin as the leading kid.
- School Medley with Alanna Mulhern as the leading kid.
- I Wanna Be a Fireman with Kristy Espinoza as the leading kid. (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- Candy Man with David Chan as the leading kid.
- Them Bones with Kiki Scott as the leading kid. (also used during the end credits)
- Mr. Policeman with Tina Marie Espinoza as the leading kid. (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- Rodeo Rider with Ashande Gravenberg as the leading kid. (Michael Lloyd)
- Act Naturally with Chris Finch as the leading kid with Mike the Dog.
- Nicole Mandich made a cameo performance in this song, "Them Bones."
- The three songs, "One, Two Buckle My Shoe," "School Days," and "The Alphabet Song," were part of a medley known as School Medley.
- Coleman Saucier and Ryan Kirk (from the previous video; Kidsongs: A Day with the Animals) who were uncredited, made a cameo performance in all the songs of your School Medley.
- In addition to appearing in the song, "Sea Cruise," both Kristy Chan and Ingrid Dupree cameo appeared in the songs of your School Medley.
- Although she did not appear in this video, Sh'Vaughn Heath was seen on the DVD cover of this video.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- This is the only Kidsongs music video to feature Ryan Bollman and Kiki Scott as leading Kidsongs kids. Ryan eventually appeared in the intro of the first season of The Kidsongs TV Show. Kiki cameo appeared in Kidsongs: I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing and Kidsongs: Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes.
- This video got recorded at See's Candies, U.S. Coast Guard, Los Angeles Fire Department, Zimmer's Truck Stop, and Los Angeles Unified School in Los Angeles, California, Rio Hondo Police Academy in Whittier, California, Zimmer's Truck Stop in South El Monte, California and Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.