Kidsongs: What I Want to Be! is the seventh entry of Kidsongs Music Video Stories released in December 2, 1986.
Play along with the Kidsongs Kids as they imagine all of the wonderful careers they can have when they grow up. Climb aboard a fire truck and slide down the pole with real-life firefighters, take a cruise on a Coast Guard cutter, ride a bucking bronco and sample goodies at a candy factory as the kids explore all of the fun things they want to be.
The Kidsongs Kids
- Steven Brooks
- Ryan Bollman
- David Chan
- Ryan Dorin
- Kristy Lynn Espinoza
- Tina Marie Espinoza
- Chris Finch
- Ashande Gravenberg
- Heather Green
- Alanna Mulhern
- Kiki Scott
- Sailor: Mathew Devore
- Trucker/Cowboy: Jeff Austin
- Teacher: Margie Duncan
- Candyman: Hal Schafer
- Doctors: Alexander Folk and Betty Muramoto
- Police Chief: Ken Weiner
- Director: Andrew Z. Linsky
- Reporter: Alys Swan
- Kimberly and Kelly's Mom: Alwina Pinn
A Special Appearance
- "What Do You Want to Be?" (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- "Sea Cruise"
- "Drivin' My Life Away"
- Teacher Medley (AKA School Medley):
- "I Wanna Be a Fireman" (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- "Candy Man"
- "Them Bones" (also used during the end credits)
- "Mr. Policeman" (Michael Lloyd) (also used during the end credits)
- "Rodeo Rider" (Michael Lloyd)
- "Act Naturally" (Buck Owens)
- Nicole Mandich made a cameo performance in the song, "Them Bones."
- The three songs, "One, Two Buckle My Shoe," "School Days," and "The Alphabet Song," were part of a medley known as Teacher Medley.
- Coleman Saucier (from the previous video; Kidsongs: A Day with the Animals) who were uncredited, made a cameo performance in all the songs of the Teacher Medley.
- In addition to appearing in the song, "Sea Cruise", both Kristy Chan and Ingrid Dupree cameo appeared in the songs of the Teacher Medley.
- Although she did not appear in this video, Sh'Vaughn Heath was seen on the DVD cover of this video.
- Songs from this video can be seen in The Kidsongs Television Show.
- This is the only Kidsongs music video to feature Ryan Bollman and Kiki Scott as leading Kidsongs kids. Ryan eventually appeared in the intro of the first season of The Kidsongs Television Show. Kiki cameo appeared in Kidsongs: I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.
- This video got recorded at See's Candies, U.S. Coast Guard, Los Angeles Fire Department, Zimmer's Truck Stop, and Los Angeles Unified School in Los Angeles, California, Rio Hondo Police Academy in Whittier, California, Zimmer's Truck Stop in South El Monte, California and Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.
- According to the production slate, the "Act Naturally" scene was filmed on July 1, 1986.
|Music Video Stories|
|I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing • Good Night, Sleep Tight • Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes • Sing Out, America! • What I Want to Be! • The Wonderful World of Sports • Ride the Roller Coaster • Very Silly Songs • We Wish You a Merry Christmas • Play Along Songs • If We Could Talk to the Animals • Billy Biggle's Favorite Songs|